Botanical Source: Pomegranate
Part Used: Fruit
Ellagic acid: 40%, 90%HPLC
Appearance: Red-Brown or grey fine powder
Molecular Formula: C14H6O8
Ellagic acid is a naturally occurring substance. The best sources of ellagic acid in the diet are Pomegranate peel, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, and walnuts.
Some people take ellagic acid by mouth for cancer, mental function, and viral or bacterial infections.
Ellagic acid is applied to the skin as a lightening agent.
Ellagic Acid, the active ingredient extracted from Pomegranate, has the following functions:
1. Anti-cancer and anti-mutation. It has been proved to be an effective anti-carcinogen upon carcinoma of rectum and colon, esophageal carcinoma, liver cancer, lung cancer, carcinoma of tongue and skin.
2. Restrain to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and many kinds of microbe and virus.
3. Antioxidant, coagulant, descenting blood pressure and sedation.
4. Treat kinds of symptoms caused by high blood sugar, hypertension.
5. Resist to atherosclerosis and tumour.
6. Resist to antioxidance, senescence inhibition and skin whitening.
How does it work?
Ellagic acid may bind to chemicals that cause cancer, and it may also prevent the growth of cancer cells.
P.S.Early research shows that taking ellagic acid during chemotherapy for prostate cancer reduces the side effects of cancer treatment.
Side Effects & Safety
Ellagic acid is SAFE when taken by mouth or applied to the skin, short-term.
There is not enough information available about taking ellagic acid long-term.