Konjac extract is prepared from a kind of perennial herbage plant with low energy, low protein, and high fiber, It is known primarily for its starchy corm, a tuber-like structure that is actually part of the plants stem, but which grows underground and acts as a storage organ for the plant. konjac glucomannan is the main component of konjac extract. Glucomannan is used as a food additive for its thickening and emulsifying properties, and as a nutritional supplement for the treatment of obesity, constipation, high cholesterol, diabetes and acne. In addition, konjac extract powder contains more than ten kinds of amino acid required by human body, microelement and unsaturated fatty acid, it is effective in tumor resisting, blood health keeping and weight-control.
1. Konjac Glucomannan powder prevents and reduces the incidence of intestinal system disease.
2. Konjac Glucomannan can reduce the residence time of the harmful substances in the gastrointestinal and gall-hsiang, effectively protect the gastric mucosa,clean the stomach wall.
3. Amorphophallus Konjac Glucomannan can be used for inhibition of cholesterol, lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar, dilation of blood vessels, to prevent of atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular disease.
4. Konjac Glucomannan has effect on prevention and treatment of diabetes.
5. Konjac Glucomannan powder has significant effect on weight loss.
How does it work?
Konjac Glucomannan might work in the stomach and intestines by absorbing water to form a bulky fiber which treats constipation.
It may also slow the absorption of sugar and cholesterol from the gut, helping to control sugar levels in diabetes, and reducing cholesterol levels.
Side Effects & Safety
Konjac Glucomannan powder or flour is SAFE when consumed as food. Konjac Glucomannan powder and capsules are POSSIBLY SAFE for most adults and children when used in medicinal amounts for up to 4 months. However, solid tablets containing glucomannan are POSSIBLY UNSAFE for adults and LIKELY UNSAFE for children. These can sometimes cause blockages of the throat or intestines.
For weight loss, a dosage of 1 gram, 3 times per day is considered sufficient.
Mixed with water, Konjac Glucomannan expands and can absorb up to 50 times its weight. Therefore, the recommended dosage of glucomannan is lower compared to other fiber supplements.
Konjac Glucomannan does not have any effect on weight loss unless it is taken before a meal. Timing recommendations range from 15 minutes to 1 hour before a meal.