Retinol is actually vitamin Al. There are two types of vitamin A, one is vitamin A alcohol, which is the original form of vitamin A; The other is carotene, which is converted into the precursor of vitamin A in the body and extracted from the food of plants and animals.
The BBC documentary “The Truth About LookingGood” proved that retinol is an effective anti-aging and anti-wrinkle ingredient! For a while, retinol began to be gradually reflected in the public view.
In the United States at the end of the last world, Dr. Albert M. Kligman, a respected doctor in the skin industry, took vitamin A as a drug to treat acne, and found that it can not only improve acne, but also make skin pores become fine, the lines become smooth, and the contour is also significantly improved.
Action principle and efficacy of retinol
1.Reduce fine lines
Retinol can reach the basal layer of skin directly. Thickened skin can reduce fine lines caused by natural aging;
Retinol can completely remove the waste cutin, repeatedly promote the skin cells to fall off and force the skin to generate new cells. Accelerate metabolism, let the keratinocytes in the epidermis be produced more quickly, make the cuticle on the surface of the skin more solid and orderly, and make the skin more delicate and smooth.
Retinol can increase the content of GAG mucopolysaccharide (hyaluronic acid is a representative GAG) in the epidermis, increase the water retention capacity in the epidermis, thus providing natural water, function and nutrition for the epidermis, and achieve the effect of moisturizing.
4.Control oil and acne
Relevant studies have shown that retinol has a calming and anti-inflammatory effect on the skin, can inhibit the secretion of sebum in hair follicles, improve the accumulation of cutin in pores, and avoid the clogging of pores, so the acne removal effect is obvious and easy to see.
Retinol can promote the normal differentiation of skin keratinocytes, so it can make the distribution of keratinocytes more compact. Therefore, using retinol skin care products will make the pores more delicate and the skin more compact and smooth.
5.Whiten and lighten spots
Retinol can accelerate the metabolism of keratinocytes and inhibit the production of melanin, which is achieved by reducing tyrosinase, which is the construction of melanin production plants in the skin. Therefore, the effect will be better when used with skin care products containing whitening ingredients.
What should I pay attention to when using retinol?
- When using for the first time, it is necessary to gradually establish skin tolerance. Start with low concentration.
- When using retinol, do not add high concentration of acids or exfoliated products
- Nicotinamide is the “best CP” of retinol, which can achieve 1+1>2 efficacy in anti-aging and whitening
- Due to the difference of skin structure in different parts, the skin around the eyes/neck is thinner and more fragile. It is recommended to select special products and avoid mixing.
- Retinol has oil control effect. After dry skin is used up, it is necessary to do a good job of follow-up moisturizing.
- Retinol is photosensitive. It is recommended to use it at night and pay attention to sunscreen when applying it during the day!